Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Watchmen Movie


For anybody who hasn't seen, a larger version of this poster can be found at the official movie site.
As impossible as it may be for them to actually pull it off, I am excited at the prospect of the film. I remember how pissed off I was back in 2000 when Moore threw a hissy and forbid DC Direct to release the three action figures they had produced for the 15th anniversary. I saw the figures at Wizard World that year and it was as close as I've ever been to worshiping a graven image. The figures were so incredibly true to Dave Gibbon's illustrations it was virtually sacrilege for them to not be released.
Anyway, anybody up for diggning out their copy to give it a re-read? I know I'm going to start mine shortly.

1 comment:

Bear said...

I probably will reread it, but will wait until a little closer to the movie. I was such a fan, back in the day, that even though I bought each issue as it came out, I still bought the hardback. Ah, the heady days of 80s comics.