
It is with great sadness that I report that yesterday Ginger passed away. For the last 13 years she found it to her liking to grace Fort Donelson with her presence. I had envisioned writing a wonderful memorial to that graceful hulk. Somehow I don't think I that's necessary. Those of you that spent any time at the Fort knew her well, she made sure of that. She had the ability to garner attention from those that would give it; stand guard over those of you that needed a friend in the crapper; piss off those of you that she knew it would be fun to piss off; eat her body weight in table scraps and still beg for more; execute stunning feats of emotional blackmail; and then leave you the hell alone when she had her fill of any situation. But more than that, over the years she became a fixture here. If you started listing the things that "are" Fort Donelson, Ginger would be at the top of many of your lists. Simply put, I will miss my quirky cat.
Sleep well girl.
1 comment:
Rest in peace, Ginger. You were a good'un.
Post a Comment