Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Try-Out: Comics by the Chub Squad



Gavin's comic book pep talk a few game nights ago kicked me into high gear for self-publishing a graphic novel appropriate to all ages. While I feel that the writing I do will always appeal to a broader audience, I don't have too much of an inclination for creating blatantly "mature" books.

I've been in touch with a couple professionals and I am in the process of tracking down an artist for this GN. I want to have the project ready to print by the end of summer, and intend on printing through a guy in Virginia Beach. If any of you have experience writing grant proposals, I could use a hand as I am going to try to secure a good artist with money I get through a private grant. Barry has been really nice and offered to help, and when the time comes I'll probably beg him to do the cover design.

Here's a sample of work that was done for this project back in '04 by our friend Steve Fox. The project is called "The Try-Out" and is superhero genre, sort of a coming of age story. Characters are highly archetypal but only incidentally derivative.

No comments: