Well, chums, Monday was quite the day in our little venture (pun intended) into the world of radio comedy.
Dennis had instructed me to leave a cd of what we had at the receptionist's desk at WREG, so I drove over there immediately after work on Monday. I lined the jewel case with a printout of T-Bill's Monkey Logo taken from the chubsquad store mousepad. Anyhoo, as I walked up to the front of the building, lo and behold, Dennis was outside smoking.
Thank G-d for addiction!
He greeted me warmly and said, "C'mon up and meet the gang!" We went up to the studio where Dennis introduced me to Rick (his on-air mate) and The Traffic 'Ho (can't remember her name-Kathy?). They gave a quick listen to the four cuts on the CD.
Dennis's response to Stigmata was, and I quote, "That's f-ing funny, dude!" They liked Origami Swan, chuckled at Purvey, and smiled broadly at Mr. Rucky. I'd included some 'liner notes' in the cd case that explained that we had other bits and about a total of 4 shows of 8-9 minutes each.
Dennis was so enthused that he promised to take it directly to the head of programming, Tim Spencer.
Rock 103 is the #1 afternoon drive-time station in the Memphis metro area. To get on there, even for a quick one-timer, would be a marketing feather in our collective chubby caps that we could pawn off on other, paying stations.
Thought you'd like the update. I'm now waiting for Dennis to call with what Spencer said.
See you fine folks Friday evening at The Gavster's.
Love to all, all to Love,
Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment