Pages

Friday, April 04, 2008

Hyperion Books Coming to the Big Screen



From Cinematical:

"Now here's something exciting. I don't know if any of you have read Dan Simmons' Hyperion series, but it's terrific, intricate science-fiction. Today we got word that Warner Bros. has greenlit a single-film adaptation of the first two books (Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion). It's to be written by Trevor Sands, about whom we know very little except that he is apparently working on a number of different sci-fi projects in various stages of development."

I love these books and am intrigued by the prospect of them going to film. Click HERE for the full story.

3 comments:

rdoty said...

No idea how they can compress the first book into one movie much less two...

Timothy Avers said...

They'll probably turn it into a slasher.

Bear said...

Yeah, I have little faith in the project, but you just never know. At least someone is giving it a go.