Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Mainichi Haiku Contest

It's time to let your Haiku flag fly. The Mainichi Newspaper is conducting a Haiku contest. There's a category for English language haiku. We've got until 31 Aug 08 to submit the award winning Haiku. The paper is quick to note that there is no monetary award, but who wouldn't want to be this year's Haiku Master?

Lads, I hear Mayberry calling...

Ernest T. Bass throws a rock,
Aunt Bea hits the pavement rolling,
seven stitches

Of course this makes me wonder if they have reruns of the Andy Griffith Show in Japan. Maybe I should rethink our strategy.

5 comments:

Bear said...

5-7-5 is the format.

Here's one to start us off:

Oh tasty buffet
Your slogan's All You Can Eat
You don't know me well

Just a warmup, boyos. Join the haiku fun!

Bear said...

Effort #2

Bacon I love you
Behind the school we shall meet
I'll impregnate you

Charlie said...

Pic-a-nic basket
hangs temptingly from bear's arm.
Gun takes Yogi out.

Charlie said...

Pleistocene romance,
Beanie loves Cecil madly.
Outlawed in Texas.

Charlie said...

Odd tasting Coke Blak
Stays unopened in my fridge.
Marketing mistake.