
Brentwood's Crockett Park has added a nine-hole disk course, which I tried out today.
I'd say range rather than course because it's largely a driving range. Only three of the nine holes have any challenging geography. Nevertheless, I'll be playing there at least once a week - it is good practice for less-then-intermediate golfers such as myself.
The real challenge today was the wind, but the course does have a few nice features. To make up for the fact that there are just nine holes, there are two throwing positions - red posts for short and white posts mark the long position. Conceivable you could play a full round here except that the long throwing positions are a) not terribly challenging and b) not much different from their short-throwing counterparts. The course is very well marked with metal signs designating holes and throwing distances in feet.
To get there, take I-65 to the Concord Road exit, headed east. Pass the YMCA and take a right at the gas station. From there, you can pretty much follow the signs to Crockett Elementary. Follow the road back, and turn right when you see the historic cabin. Parking is free and located conveniently near Hole 1.
Chub-scout out!
No comments:
Post a Comment